The latest reviews from IT world are explaining to us, what IT skills will be in demand in 2012. We offer you the top nine skills.
Almost 30% of the leading IT companies are planning to expand their staff through the next summer. It needs to be highlighted that this is upward trend: in 2010 it was just 22%, in 2009 – 19%.
Let's see the main nine skills, that will be in great demand for sure:
- It is Application Development and Programming at the top of our list. In 2010 only 41% of IT companies executives were planning to hire such specialists, comparing to 61% in the next 12 months during 2012. The reasons for that are increasing demands of mobile users and website development.
- The next skill in our list is Project Management. But there is one thing that we have to underline: modern project managers will not be just overseeing and monitoring projects. IT leaders are in great need for people, who will be able to understand users’ needs and explain them for the IT staffers.
- Technical Support (Help Desk) – The new dimension in tech support and help desk was added by mobile operating systems.
- The next demand is Networking. The basis for growth in this field is virtualization and, partially, cloud computing projects. The background consisting from VMware and Citrix experience will be a plus.
- An uptick in Business Intelligence can be interpreted as shifting of focus from cost savings to investing in technology in a lot of companies. Certainly, this is a great way to develop your business.
- Behind the expanded needs for specialists with strong skills in systems integration and data center operations there is a necessity in Data Center-Virtualization and the Cloud.
- Nevertheless Security positions have been down a bit comparing to 2010, they are in a top of IT executives.
- The latest surveys are demonstrating a demand for people with IP telephony skills and for those familiar with Cisco IPCC call center systems. So this is Telecommunications in the end of our top.