Buying software for your business should be treated with great responsibility unless you want to regret your choice and spend even more money on its maintenance than you spent on the software itself.
To help you decide on the right and reliable business software, we’ve prepared a list of issues you should pay attention to while choosing it.
- Find out what determines the price of the software. It can be price per user (depends on how many users at a time can use it), per seat (how many office seats at a time), or per processor (on how many machines it can be installed).
- Look at the on-site services included in your purchase. Some of the more expensive software includes on-site services and support in their price. If it doesn’t, make sure that the purchasing contract includes these points.
- Make sure the software vendor provides a guarantee and return terms are in place. You should negotiate this issue in the first place, especially if you are buying custom software.
- Ask about the turnaround time of fixing bugs if they occur. Software vendors differ on this point greatly, so you should negotiate this beforehand so that your own schedule won’t suffer when any bugs occur.
- Clarify the frequency of released software updates and their way of informing customers on these. Some vendors may use the practice of not informing customers about updates and handle their issues only when the request is sent to them. So beware and negotiate this on time.
- Consider the design scalability. If the design of your purchased software is scalable, it means the software is able to grow with your company and conform with its increasing needs in terms of database structure, user customization, etc.
- Also, find out about how customizable the system is in its effort to meet your current business needs. Just don’t forget to tell the vendor about your direct business needs to ensure the software can meet them in the best way.
- Ask about the typical hurdles to expect with the installation you’re planning for. If the vendor can’t provide you with this information, that’s at least suspicious because they must be keeping track of such things in order to improve their product.
- Find out about the vendor’s system of support. Namely, their operation schedule and hours of support. You’ll need these in case you are on a different continent than the vendor, something unexpected happened to the software and you need a quick reply.
- You may also want to ask for a list of items the software users have requested to include in the upcoming software updates. This will give you valuable insight into what’s missing in the product and what helpful features to anticipate in it that can be useful for your business.
So remember to investigate these important issues and choose your business software wise!
Get top quality development services
Check out our related articles:
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail
- IT Blog
- IT News
- IT Outsourcing
- Java Development
- Media & Entertainment
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Product engineering
- Project & Resources planning
- QArea inside
- Software Testing
- Start-up Development
- Technology & Innovation
- Travel & Hospitality
- Useful Tips
- Web Design
Best Frontend Programming Languages to Create Beautiful and Fast InterfacesRead more
Capability Maturity Model Integration – QArea's big journeyRead more
QArea is a Unique Services Provider in 2019 CEE AwardsRead more
Ultimate Development Trends in 2018 to Reward Your Business in 2019Read more
Why You Should Write Your Next Microservice Using GolangRead more
7 Reasons to Truly Love MicroservicesRead more
The Best Languages for MicroservicesRead more
QArea's Year: Summing Up 2018Read more