One of the most popular web development frameworks out there, Symfony features a whole range of useful plugins for Symfony development services.
Generally, a plugin is a source you can draw ideas and resources to create new functions for your website from. Plugins are written by different people and for various purposes, that’s why choosing the right plugins for your needs you should consider many things not to back the wrong horse. Facts are some of the plugins are poorly operating, some may fail and so developers are forced to look for ways to overcome certain obstacles, keep searching for other appropriate plugins, or even create the new ones themselves.
To save your valuable time you better spend developing, we’ve composed a list of those great Symfony plugins you are likely to need in any web project.
Here are the major 10 of them:
- dkGeshiPlugin provides you with the very helpful syntax highlighting during your web development process.
- sfCaptchaPlugin gives a captcha when you need to include it in a registration form or anywhere else.
- sfGuardPlugin is a plugin everyone knows. It’s applied whenever you deal with registration, authorization and user account management. Unfortunately, not all methods are realized here yet, but you can deal with these on your own when needed.
- sfPropelActAsCommentableBehaviorPlugin is of use when you have the commenting facility on your site. This plugin is easy to adjust and it has message-sending forms for either authorized or anonymous users already in place.
- sfPropelActAsRatableBehaviorPlugin enables material rating. It’s a good-looking plugin which though needs some further design adaptation.
- sfPropelActAsTaggableBehaviorPlugin, a used plugin, allows tags attachment to the material.
- sfPropelPollsPlugin aims to organize polls on your site. It’s very handy and need no special adjustments.
- sfSimpleForumPlugin is used for arranging discussions often help on sites. This plugin is very functional, though a bit raw and need certain adaptation.
- sfThumbnailPlugin is widely used for arranging such picture management facilities as correcting, cropping and others on your site.
The plugins mentioned above will are a great basic toolset for every web developer.