Web designers often boast their ability to carry out some complex on-site functions or maintain the site aesthetics. However, few of them are concerned with security issues although they are the most frequent among the clients’ concerns.
Therefore, to guard the site’s security web designers should be following the 10 security tips below.
- Assess security risks. Before starting your project work, you should first classify the needed data types, define people maintaining security of the project as well as even identify possible vulnerabilities and threats.
- Write the code yourself. However tempting it may be to use the code from other sources or use graphic design software, it’s recommended to write the whole code yourself to ensure your code is secure.
- Lock sensitive data down. Although obvious, it involves more than code encryption. It may be necessary to contract with some outside security provider and secure some especially sensitive information.
- Mistrust outside data. You should assume that all outside data is untrustworthy. In case you use such, to ensure it checks out build in some validation processes.
- Approve and review each milestone. Since saving all security checks before the conclusion of the whole project is unsafe, to mitigate risks you should make a point of reviewing the security measures of each major milestone.
- Embed authorization system. To do this, you need to involve password-protecting of the various site parts as well as do the authorization levels’ layering.
- Build in a warning system. Besides building in a mechanism for monitoring site activity, it’s important to construct some security system which will send alerts to administrators in such cases as major volume changes, unscheduled alterations, repeated failed login attempts etc.
- Maintain security while testing. While trying to make the site do what is expected, web designers should not forget also to safeguard the product against testers’ activity aimed at making it do some unprovided things.
- Ensure security in all contracts. Beware of unqualified security protocols. It’s vital for web designers to spell out all security expectations in their contracts with partners, clients and subcontractors to reduce security breach opportunities.
- Prepare for disaster recovery. In order to be ready for the worst scenario, web designers should have some action plan for such cases as theft, data loss or corruption.
The above tips will help web designers efficiently face all security issues that may occur during their work on the project. QArea has a solid experience in offering web design services for projects of different size and complexity level.
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail
- IT Blog
- IT News
- IT News & Trends
- IT Outsourcing
- Java Development
- Media & Entertainment
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Product engineering
- Project & Resources planning
- QArea inside
- Software Testing
- Start-up Development
- Technology & Innovation
- Travel & Hospitality
- Useful Tips
- Web Design
Using Microservices to Improve Software PerformanceRead more
The Best Languages for MicroservicesRead more
8 Reasons You Need To Go #GolangRead more
Top Smart HospitalsRead more
UI/UX Terminology: What Every Client Should KnowRead more
QArea X Speedinvest: A Presentation on Eliminating Technical DebtRead more