If you are interested in web site development, WordPress can be very useful. This is a free and open source blogging tool. So, you have an opportunity to download a free dynamic content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. Right after installation process you have to log in to the WordPress administration area.
Whether you are an IT newbies or seasoned pro, we present you the most useful 10 things you need to know about WordPress. Using these tips will help you to make the work with WordPress more effective.
WordPress is suitable for SEO, so using all available tools you have a good opportunity to attract additional traffic and to grow your profile position on the Internet up. Just do not forget to combine different SEO tools in proper way that could help you to achieve the best results.
- First that you need after getting start is the own WordPress e-mail address. You can use Themes (free package with various designs for your blog), get for free subscription allows 3GB of file storage.
- WordPress has many features including the most famous plug-in database and such paid additional features as extra storage, video press, custom design etc.
- Adding Widgets to your sidebar makes easily tracking replies to your comments, so, you can be notified about each conversation on your blog.
- WordRress uses Akismet technology that blocks your blog from spam comments.
- This CMS has Pages tool that allows creating web pages, links to which will be automatically added to your sidebar.
- WordPress is translated in 50 languages that is very useful for those who have target audiences speak different languages.
- Use SEO Friendly Image plug-in if your content includes a lot of images. So you can tag it to let the search engines know what they display.
- WordPress’s integrated statistics system helps you to receive up-to-date information about the most popular topics and blogs, number of people who visit it, where they come from and which search engine terms are most successful in attracting visitors, etc.
- WordPress has multi-user and multi-blogging functions that let you set up a blogging community, moderating and controlling all your blogs from one panel.
- Tagging your images is also important process. WordPress has the global tag system and tag surfer. So blog tags are automatically added there.
Check out our related articles:
2015’s On Fire WordPress Themes