What is DRP
Disaster recovery plan is a plan which describes the procedures a business has to follow to handle potential disasters. It covers consistent steps which are to be taken before, during and after a disaster. Its aim is to minimize losses and reduce recovery time and costs. Nowadays it is more and more associated with recovery of IT data and facilities.
Benefits of cloud DRP
The development of cloud computing offers DRaaS (disaster recovery as a service). Like all other cloud services DRaaS provides considerable benefits giving you cutting edge in the market and ensuring your preventive measures are both efficacious and economical. Due its scalability and flexibility it can be applied to both small and large businesses. It proves to be more cost-efficient because you pay only for what you use and you needn’t cover maintenance and power costs.
Despite its tangible advantages there are a few important issues you need to consider before deployment.
To ensure your cloud DRP provides you with a good safety boat you need to
- Choose the right cloud DRP provider
Large service providers, such as Amazon web services provide a wider range of services but at a higher price than smaller companies-providers. So choose the provider according to your priorities. If cost-cutting is essential for you than you’d rather go with the services provided by a smaller company. Ask providers about what they charge for a monthly subscription, amount of Internet bandwidth employed, the number of virtual machines, database storage space, how many subscribers they can have during a regional disaster.
- Provide good management for your plan:
- Management of Internet bandwidth.
- Be aware of the location of your physical and virtual servers and who needs access to them to restore data.
- Testing Cloud recovery systems.
- Ensure the environment is secure:
- Ensure you can respond efficiently to data breaches.
- Test your environment.
- Make sure your recovery site has updated antivirus and firewall protection and access controls protected.
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail
- IT Blog
- IT News
- IT News & Trends
- IT Outsourcing
- Java Development
- Media & Entertainment
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Product engineering
- Project & Resources planning
- QArea inside
- Software Testing
- Start-up Development
- Technology & Innovation
- Travel & Hospitality
- Useful Tips
- Web Design