Apple people are doing a great job with designing their product. Every aspect of their branded merchandise from firmware and hardware and up to software looks simple, clean and intuitive however class has. Apple have dictated a new age of style within iOS application and have even influenced web, desktop and Android app design dramatically. But not everything that works on iOS is done by Apple.
There are numerous businesses that invest in application development and either develop solutions in-house or gain from outsourcing mobile application development. In either case many businesses tend to consider functionality over design. A fairly wrong approach considering people mostly love Apple because of the looks. Thus I have decided to provide you with several inspiring iOS app examples, the ones that literally possess the very essence of great design inside.
- Nice Weather 2. Simplicity gently flows through this app’s design yet does not prevent users from checking all weather-related information. A nice feature Nice Weather offers is that data may be easily refreshed with but a tap on the location label. However it’s not functionality that catches your eye but large, beautiful backgrounds that are not overfilled with metrics. Never was a weather broadcast so pure and beautiful.
- Paper. This is a new iOS social app from Facebook and it allows vast newsfeed customization capabilities. It is true that design is clean and simple but Paper’s strongest side is still personalization adding a touch of any user’s personality into overall layout. This tool for easy time line scrolling will go viral shortly. Like really viral. Just wait and see for yourselves.
- Yummly. People behind Yummly have decided to display large, colorful and, frankly, delicious images of food to support their application and it worked. A database with enormous amount of categories that can be stacked according to dietary preferences looks great despite all odds. The app also gives users appropriate shopping lists after they have decided on the delicious recipe they wish to have a bite of. There are more available data and metrics within Yummly like time required for cooking, etc. And all thise charts look amazing and are as comfortable as they are beautiful. A great example many apps that are data-heavy can and should learn from.
- Over. A solution that was meant for Instagram geeks and has core functionality that allows to add brilliant text and graphics to photos could not be any more smashing. And Over went Overkill with design literally nailing everything that was ever related to text and graphics.
If you want more updates on really beautiful apps – please note your wish in the comments or contact our managers for astonishing app design and development.
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail
- IT Blog
- IT News
- IT News & Trends
- IT Outsourcing
- Java Development
- Media & Entertainment
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Product engineering
- Project & Resources planning
- QArea inside
- Software Testing
- Start-up Development
- Technology & Innovation
- Travel & Hospitality
- Useful Tips
- Web Design
Using Microservices to Improve Software PerformanceRead more
The Best Languages for MicroservicesRead more
8 Reasons You Need To Go #GolangRead more
Top Smart HospitalsRead more
UI/UX Terminology: What Every Client Should KnowRead more
QArea X Speedinvest: A Presentation on Eliminating Technical DebtRead more