Let’s talk about some handy tricks you may wish to use while SEO-ing your page and the places you may trip at while applying them.
- A nice Page Title working for you. What is the source from which the search engines as well as visitors are gaining some info about your page? Tags! Thus it is of highest importance to have appropriate title tags that will be representing your content in the proper way you meant them to. Avoid duplicating them for different pages as they are what search engines are looking for. Forget about default title tags and try not to use tags that have no actual relations to the pages content. The most common mistakes here would be: usage of exact same tags through the entire site, usage of unreasonably long titles, unnecessary words placed in titles.
- The Meta tag that is called ‘description’ has to be on all of your pages and posts and whatever else content you have there. This particular Meta tag is giving the engines approximate description of what is actually located on the page. It may be quite longer than usual tags yet try keeping it within 150-160 characters. A nice thing to do is adding your keywords inside of it. Your Description Meta Tag will be used as snippets of your page. Or they will be displayed along with the search results if the engines will not be able to locate appropriate text on your actual page itself. That is why these descriptions are of highest value and are to be used wherever possible (yet wisely). Common mistakes here would be: Writing description tags that are irrelevant to the pages content, usage of the key word only in the description, simple copy-pasting of the pages content inside the description.
- URL structure is also of high value. URL has to represent your content. It also has to be easy to memorize. Creating actually descriptive URL’s is a swell practice. A nasty crafted URL is nothing but bad user experience. Search Engines may get confused as well. Make sure that the URL is actually relevant to the particular pages actual content. It also has to be something related thus not man nor machine are confused. The commonly shared errors here would be: usage of unnecessarily long URL’s with useless or uncommon symbols and digits, usage of default page names as URL’s (double check this one), usage of some excessive key words.
- 404 pages have to be meaningful. Users may pay visits to pages that are simply not existing on your site due to typos, page removals, whatever. Provide them with help and assistance. A nice little creative 404 page is a splendid user experience. Be sure it has links to your main page as well as several links to your top posts and pages. What are the pitfalls here: make sure your 404 page is in no way indexed in the search engine (if it’s there then you are to remove it as fast as you can), avoid just simple messages on your 404 like ‘error’ or ‘not found’, etc. It has to be meaningful and user friendly.
Looking for Website Development Services?
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail
- IT Blog
- IT News
- IT News & Trends
- IT Outsourcing
- Java Development
- Media & Entertainment
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Product engineering
- Project & Resources planning
- QArea inside
- Software Testing
- Start-up Development
- Technology & Innovation
- Travel & Hospitality
- Useful Tips
- Web Design
Using Microservices to Improve Software PerformanceRead more
The Best Languages for MicroservicesRead more
8 Reasons You Need To Go #GolangRead more
Top Smart HospitalsRead more
UI/UX Terminology: What Every Client Should KnowRead more
QArea X Speedinvest: A Presentation on Eliminating Technical DebtRead more