To make an ideal icon, creativity is not enough. This is proved by the fact that, though created by undoubtedly creative people, bad icons are now among 3 major reasons for rejecting the app’s featuring on the App Store.
If not originality, what matters in the icon then? Well, given that it forms the first impression of a user about your app, the icon needs to be beautiful and recognizable at once.
How to reach these terms the following guidelines will teach.
- Choose a unique and simple shape for your icon. In this way it will be easily recognized and distinguished from the others at a glance or at a distance. Remember to make it reduce properly at screens of different sizes too.
- Choose the colors carefully. Operate within a limited palette – taking two colors is the best solution since icons with too many colors are not normally successful.
- Try not to use a photo as it makes your icon indistinct among others which incorporate pictures. Even if persisting in using a photo, search for alternatives. It can serve as the background or be combined with a picture.
- Avoid using a lot of text or do without it at all if possible. It is recommended to just use a logo or a symbol in an icon to make it as simple as possible visually.
- Another great idea is to test your icon against different wallpapers. If the user sets up some sophisticated wallpaper on his screen, your icon must be prepared for the challenge to look great on any of them.
Use these helpful tips to create an easily recognizable and irresistibly appealing icon to instantly catch users and constantly keep them to your product of app development.
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail
- IT Blog
- IT News
- IT Outsourcing
- Java Development
- Media & Entertainment
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Product engineering
- Project & Resources planning
- QArea inside
- Software Testing
- Start-up Development
- Technology & Innovation
- Travel & Hospitality
- Useful Tips
- Web Design
Best Frontend Programming Languages to Create Beautiful and Fast InterfacesRead more
Capability Maturity Model Integration – QArea's big journeyRead more
QArea is a Unique Services Provider in 2019 CEE AwardsRead more
Ultimate Development Trends in 2018 to Reward Your Business in 2019Read more
Why You Should Write Your Next Microservice Using GolangRead more
7 Reasons to Truly Love MicroservicesRead more
The Best Languages for MicroservicesRead more
QArea's Year: Summing Up 2018Read more