Web designing is a creative business which often lacks balance and systematic perspective. Designers can be immersed completely in designing details failing to see the whole span of the project and vice versa. To organize the designing process and always find a balance between these two extremes, consider the following tips.
- See that design not overrules functionality. Understand the project prior to starting the work and always keep in mind the ultimate goal of the project while designing.
- Present your ideas to the client step by step. Explaining your work plan clearly will exclude misunderstandings, saves you time for actual designing and boost the client’s trust.
- Think over the UX framework. Before starting to design, consider the ways of user interaction, decide on the space for design and users’ navigation on the site.
- Keep your work exciting. It’s easy to lose inspiration while executing routine tasks of lengthy projects, therefore try to distract from them to do some little innovative features sometimes.
- Aim at pixel-perfect design. Work out the tiny details carefully even if you think nobody will notice them, because this usually distinguishes your design.
- Make yourself questions your client or users would ask. This will direct you to the right course as well as let you finish sooner and produce better results.
- Involve other team members into designing. Designers need fresh ideas to create innovative designs, so they should more often check with fellows rather than work in isolation.
- Keep your work organized. Designers often have to work in collaboration, that’s why it’s important that their part of the project is well-organized, from intuitive folder structures to consistent labeling of PSD file layers.
- Make details consistent. In the end of the work designers should create a style guide illustrating every single interaction in the project. This is also helpful to check and improve the consistence of every element.
Keeping in mind the given guidelines will even let designers successfully work on several projects at a time and keep them on a healthier workflow.
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail