According to the World Quality Report 2015-16, the QA expenses are going to hit 40% of the entire IT budget in 2018. No wonder, more and more people are interested in making a career as a software tester.
How to become a QA tester? How to become a videogame tester? What are the software testers job requirements? All these questions can be overwhelming — let’s answer them together.
For the record, you can start a QA Trainee program for beginners in our R&D center, Cherkasy. If you are interested in free testing education and career opportunities, explore additional information and apply
WHAT DOES A SOFTWARE TESTER DO?
Shortly speaking, a tester is a person who reviews, analyzes and improves code before the product is released. However, it’s just not that simple. Every year technology continues to develop, and new QA tester requirements and types of testing are created.
THE BEST WAY TO LEARN SOFTWARE TESTING
If you plan to pursue a career in software testing, your thoughts are overwhelmed with doubts. I don’t have QA tester skills to look for the job and do I have what it takes after all?
If you feel like this, don’t worry. Many testers have such thoughts at the beginning of their careers. Let’s answer the questions together.
WHAT QUALITIES DOES A TESTER NEED TO POSSESS?
- Genuine interest in the field. Testing requires lots of effort so in order to cope with all the challenges you have to really like what you do.
- Patience and motivation. Be ready for some criticism to spill on your ear and don’t take it personally.
- Practice, practice, and more practice. You need to get into a real working environment with actual tasks, projects and people to guide you through the process.
HOW TO BECOME A QA TESTER IF I DON’T HAVE EXPERIENCE?
There are many people who want to start a testing career but don’t apply for the job simply because they are not sure of their capacities. The best solution is to apply for a free educational QA program for Juniors. This way you will have a constant guidance and professional mentors supporting you in the very first career steps.
[We are opening a free QA Trainee Educational Program where Juniors can earn experience, practical advice and collect portfolio. Explore the opportunities and apply!]
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF STARTING A TESTING CAREER?
- The demand for testing is huge – especially taking into account the growing concern about cybersecurity and importance of good user experience.
- The variety of possibilities is immense. You can become an app tester, a product tester, go into penetration or security testing – and these are only the beginning of the list.
- You get to work with fascinating projects and tech solutions before they are released.
- It improves analytical and communication skills, ameliorates concentration and provides in-depth tech knowledge.
The best part is, you can start from zero in practically any age and become a top performer nevertheless.
To share the experience and knowledge with tech enthusiasts, we open free QA Educational program in Cherkasy. Testing and QA engineers of TestFort Lab are credible, award-winning experts with 17 years of practical experience.
Our Trainees learn testing in action, assist in real projects for well-known clients, and furthermore, build careers and develop reputations. Feel free to join the program or ask any questions – we are in touch.