The extended Windows Live Essentials pack, that is accessible for Windows 7 operating system, includes Windows Live Movie Maker. Windows Movie Maker can be used to redact an audio clip and create a remix of a song, despite Windows Movie Maker is not an audio editor. The features are not various, so you can only adjust the volume, split the audio clip, fade in and fade out. Movie Maker is unpaid version for those, who just need to create some minor edits.
- Click on “Windows Live Movie Maker” icon from “All Programs” in “Start” menu.
- After that click on the button, which name is “Import Media”. It allows you to select the file with the song you would like to edit.
- To open it in Windows Live Movie Maker, click “Import” . You can open audio clip in the Timeline and preview it in the Media Player.
- To edit the audio clip you have to click on the “Options” tab in the “Music Tools”.
- Click the “Fade in” drop-down box and choose the type of fade in. You can choose from None, Slow, Medium and Fast fade ins.
- To select the type of fade out, click corresponding drop-down box. You can vary fade outs from None and Slow, to Medium and Fast.
- You have to decide, with which second you want to start fade it and then click in the “Start point” box and type chosen second.
- Then decide when you want to end the fade out, after that click in the “End point” box and type the corresponding second.
- To edit the volume of your song click on the “Music volume” button. To increase or decrease the volume, drag the slider to the left or to the right.
- Click on the “Split” button to split the audio clip. Then you can import a second audio clip. For that goal you can use the “Import Media”. You can insert audio clip between the two other clips.
- To save the remixed song, you need just go to the “File” menu and click “Save”.