Outsourcing has a myriad of benefits, such as reduced costs, access to world-class talents and fully equipped teams. It increases your focus on business-related things while technical aspects are left to professionals.
What’s more, sometimes this is the only or the most effective solution for a company which is looking for a high tech provider.
Alas, what is the point of arming your choice with those benefits when your heart has no trust for your potential partner?
Offshore developers don’t work in-house, you don’t know them personally, and can’t be sure that they won’t be transferred to another project, or that they won’t vanish into thin air one day. This makes you feel insecure, and may cause a lot of unnecessary headache.
In fact, it’s really a challenge to find highly qualified developers who will work remotely and who you can rely on. Retaining them is daunting.
That noted, even slight differences in reporting style of an outsourcing vendor that differ from what your team is used to can cause misunderstandings.
Grasp more tightly on a steering wheel!
Let’s take a look at ways the problem can be solved:
- Standup meetings, calls, heavy usage of communication tools like Slack and Skype.
- Representative offices all across the globe. This enables direct and convenient communication and discussions of all the project details.
- Coming and getting acquainted with your team if you want to hire the whole team. You can stay with it for a while and make sure you get on well and understand each other.
- Hardcore business intelligence tools, such as a performance dashboard.
A dashboard gives a perfect opportunity to:
- Control the process of the project and its results;
- Improve quality;
- Enhance performance of software development teams to maximum;
- Give better accountability.
In simple words a dashboard is the best tool to monitor contribution.
Benefits of digital dashboards
- Simplified performance measurement;
- Visual presentation of efficiency and inefficiency indicators;
- Identification of low performance trends;
- Generation of detailed reports showing new trends and tendencies;
- Ability to make more informed decisions based on collected data;
- Dashboards save time, money and nerve cells.
The key elements to a good dashboard
A performance dashboard should communicate ideas easily, should be simple and understandable, give no distractions. It should work according to the principles of human visual presentation of information.
Software development outsourcing can become a real merit if you know how to mitigate risks and manage to gain a tighter grasp on the process.
In simple words – you can trust a vendor if you actually see his activity 24/7 in a convenient, appealing way.
PS: Always remember not to take anyone’s word for it. In business, trust is built on data, not the other way around.
Check out our related articles:
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail
- IT Blog
- IT News
- IT Outsourcing
- Java Development
- Media & Entertainment
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Product engineering
- Project & Resources planning
- QArea inside
- Software Testing
- Start-up Development
- Technology & Innovation
- Travel & Hospitality
- Useful Tips
- Web Design
From Gaming Videos to Redefining Instant Messaging: Quinn Hu's Long Path to Serial EntrepreneurshipRead more
7 Reasons to Truly Love MicroservicesRead more
The Best Languages for MicroservicesRead more
QArea's Year: Summing Up 2018Read more
What's New in Golang 1.11: Release Notes OverviewRead more
The Most In-Demand Backend Programming Languages of 2019Read more
Best Frontend Programming Languages to Create Beautiful and Fast InterfacesRead more
Capability Maturity Model Integration – QArea's big journeyRead more
QArea is a Unique Services Provider in 2019 CEE AwardsRead more
Ultimate Development Trends in 2018 to Reward Your Business in 2019Read more
Why You Should Write Your Next Microservice Using GolangRead more
Why You Should Try Golang Development Capabilities With QAreaRead more
Top 7 Software Development Outsourcing Companies For Your Business Prosperous GrowthRead more
CMMI Appraisal and Its Impact on QArea’s DevelopmentRead more
Software Prototyping VS Minimum Viable Product: what works for youRead more
Refactor or not refactor? Everything there is to know about refactoringRead more
7 Stages of Software Development CycleRead more
What is DevOps, and why is it crucial for microservices-based developmentRead more
Moving to Microservices: Top Products & ServicesRead more
QArea becomes a finalist of the European software testing awards 2018Read more