I want one!
A smart watch is something all the gadget lovers want for Christmas this year. And as a birthday present. And just as a present. There are several leaders of the smartphone industry that are presenting their watches and they all seem so similar and so different at the same time, so which one should a tech lover choose?
Let the battle begin
We may begin with looks. Most smart watches do look quite ugly and that is a definite minus as who would ever want to wear an ugly watch? The leaders here would be both Apple Watch and Moto 360 although I personally believe that the round Moto screen definitely gets the edge here. It is just too amazing to be true. Samsung’s gear is topped here by all parameters.
What about usability? I believe Samsung’s Gear 2 is in its domain here. First of all the Samsung guys have some experience in this field. Secondly it is able of stand-alone operations as a separate device and I believe that the home button in its bottom as well as a 2-megapixel camera are splendid additions to the watches functionality.
- Apple Watch: S1 SiP chip, GPS, accelerometer, heart-rate sensor, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a sapphire glass cover are making this little feller quite interesting and handy in everyday use.
- Samsung Gear 2: This small device is equipped with a 1.0 GHz dual-core Exynos 3250 system-on-chip with 512 MB RAM and 4 GB of its internal memory with all the features mentioned above in Apple’s watch.
- Moto 360: Is as close to Samsung as it gets with firepower of its basically same 512 MB RAM, 4 GB internal storage and the 1Ghz TI OMAP 3 processor. Plus it allows wireless charging which is handy with something you are carrying on your wrist.
I’d go for the Moto 360. It has both a nice design and swell possibilities when Apple is only strong with the first part of the equation and Samsung with the second. Moto is something of the golden middle with the awesome round screen which is a definite winner for me. Yet it is my personal choice so it’s only up to you to decide on something as personal as a wrist watch. The only rational conclusion here is the fact that android software development will get more additional work with these babies as users will want new apps and they will want them soon.
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail
- IT Blog
- IT News
- IT Outsourcing
- Java Development
- Media & Entertainment
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Product engineering
- Project & Resources planning
- QArea inside
- Software Testing
- Start-up Development
- Technology & Innovation
- Travel & Hospitality
- Useful Tips
- Web Design
Best Frontend Programming Languages to Create Beautiful and Fast InterfacesRead more
Capability Maturity Model Integration – QArea's big journeyRead more
QArea is a Unique Services Provider in 2019 CEE AwardsRead more
Ultimate Development Trends in 2018 to Reward Your Business in 2019Read more
Why You Should Write Your Next Microservice Using GolangRead more
7 Reasons to Truly Love MicroservicesRead more
The Best Languages for MicroservicesRead more
QArea's Year: Summing Up 2018Read more