There are a lot of discussions about which of the cloud file storage better than others. But what if you try to invent a personal decision for synchronization and backup, with all the leading products at once.
What if you would like to take advantage of each of the services to provide all your custom needs: integration of Google Drive, prevalence and public links from Dropbox, as well as a large amount of free disk space on Microsoft SkyDrive. The idea of co-use is very simple: put folders synchronized with each other in the manner determined by the capacity.
1. If you use Dropbox for over a year you’ve probably understand since that time the genius simplicity and flexibility of service. You can synchronize even 5 different devices on different platforms, some of them can be for example:
- Desktop computer to Ubuntu;
- Netbook in the native Windows 7 Starter;
- Smartphone with Android.
2. Using Google products you can probably become an integral part of the ecosystem in which Google Drive is designed to be an important integration site node. It is already possible to quickly save email attachments, work with files of third-party applications, upload photo and video directly to Google + and all the symbolic benefits that were in the Google Docs (a powerful search, flexible access control and, of course, the possibility of collaboration).
3. In general, you may be attracted into SkyDrive with 25 GB of space, which can be used to synchronize large files.
This is how you can organize “penetrating clouds”:
The application (for example SkyDrive), with the largest available capacity in the repository, is installed. You have to select place on a logical disk for its folder location. To minimize the length of the path to the end files, you can specify it directly to a disc D (by the way, the length of the path to a folder inside a folder SkyDrive, including the file name should not exceed 255 characters, so you have to be concise when naming subdirectories and files).
Then the smaller application is installed, for example Dropbox. You can not place it in your folder directly to SkyDrive, because this is the system folder. So you can create a folder in it and put Cloud Dropbox folder there.
And after that the application, with the smallest available capacity, is installed – Google Drive. You can place it to the Public Dropbox folder, to be able to get the public link to the resulting files.
On the top you may put the Live Mesh to back up Public. This is the clear back up of 5 GB, independent from primary 25 GB storage on SkyDrive.
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail