June 27-29, 2011 some representatives of QArea’s developers have visited the 18th European Conference on Information Systems that took place at Roskilde, Denmark.
ECIS (European Conference on Information Systems) is the largest and very prestigious Information Systems conference in Europe. Firstly it was held at Henley-on-Thames in 1993 in the UK, when Frank Land appeared to launch a European Conference to IS research. First was at Henley Management College, the next was inspired by the the European Journal of Information Systems at the London School of Economics. The European Conference on Information Systems was held every year in different European countries.
There have taken place a set of interactive workshops, every workshop lasts the whole day, involving research and industry speakers and let participants to contribute actively.
During the first day 27 of June of the 18th European Conference there were the next workshops:
- Creating Environments Supporting Innovation and Improvement
- Agil Development Principles on System and Software Level
- SPI in SMEs
- Different Standards and Experiences with the Implementation of Functional Safety
- SPICE Assessors – Exchanging Experiences across Assessment Models
- Researcher – Entrepreneur Qualification and Workshop
- Sourcing IT Workshop
The next two days of the 18th European Conference included a mixture of research sessions and industry/experience sessions along with about 60 presentations from the leading industrial companies and research organizations.
Check out our related articles: