Every owner of a standalone blog is always eagerly waiting for those users who are interested in content, and at least leave comment or two. However, visitors come, get disappointed and then leave the blog.
There are many different ways to immediately lose your visitors. Here are ten classic ways:
- Poor web designChoose a sloppy and poor web design, use poor HTML coding, massive flash pictures. Having suffered a minute or two, your visitors will leave once and for good.
- Pop up windowsMake a pop up window immediately jumping out at large that will request visitors to register even before they have a chance to understand what your blog is really about.
- Illogical navigationSuggest blog visitors illogical navigation. Because they would not have the slightest idea what to do and where to go next, they will take the right decision: close the browser tab.
- Changing location of publicationsConstantly replace the location of the key publications in the blog, making repeat visitors (if such happens) finally get confused. This is a great tactic to lose another existing loyal audience.
- UpdatesDon’t post any new publications. Visitors should clearly understand that they will only be wasting their time visiting the blog again and again. They will see that you do not have the habit update with a new material.
- AdvertisementAssure your blog visitors: advertising banners for you is more important than quality content. Once they realize it, you will finally get rid of them forever.
- General informationWhy to tell people about who you are and what you do, also don’t share info about your web site.
- GraphicsChoose unreadable small font size and unsuccessful color combinations (ultra pink on acid green will be perfect), if you want to “kill” the remaining visitors by making them blind.
- Broken linksStore lots of broken links on the site!
- Placement of the templateFinal tip – the secret: choose a website template “pinned” to the left edge of the screen. The result, again, would not take long.
Check out our related articles:
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail