Redmine is probably the most popular bug tracking system out there most of your colleagues and development partners must be using. However, even the best things can sometimes fail or just get boring.
Here are 5 Redmine alternatives you can get for free, described and compared.
Testing & QA Services by QArea
- It supports Windows, Android, Mac and online websites.
- Its free version for organizations and personal use enables unlimited collaborators in public repositories while the paid plans also provide private repositories.
- It’s possible to sort and filter issues, create milestones for every version as well as customize with colors.
- Every project member can post comments to help find solutions to each issue in an organized way.
- It can serve as a good Jira’s replacement.
- The syntax highlighting recognizes over 200 programming languages.
- The website works by users can be published through GitHub Pages.
Bugzilla is an open-source script for servers, which provides a product management and bug tracking interface for software and other applications once installed.
- It works on Linux.
- Every project may have many components and every component of its own tickets.
- To add bug tickets, tickets are possible to sort by date, name, and status.
- Tickets are assigned to the team members with the adding of tags, keywords, attachments, and hyperlinks.
- Created for Mozilla in 1998, Bugzilla has no modern improvements with a classic interface, however, it provides a good self-hosting facility for developers.
3. Mantis Bug Tracker
Mantis Bug Tracker available also as stand-alone PHP script installed on servers, is made for tracking various issues and bugs for applications.
- It supports Windows, Mac, Linux, and online websites.
- It allows for adding new projects and inviting members who can contribute to solving problems.
- Each ticket or topic is assigned its priority, status, category, severity and more.
- Every version may have its own tags and tickets assigned.
- It’s possible to add files and make brief or detailed descriptions.
SourceForge provides tools for hosting and development only for open source or free applications.
- It works only with online websites.
- Issue tracking is enabled by the ability to create and manage tickets, milestones, custom fields, etc.
- Tickets support comments and notes in unlimited numbers.
- Every project may have its own forum for posting fresh suggestions, requirements or other related subjects.
- You can get subscriptions by RSS or email.
- The history of all code versions is stored.
- Syntax highlighting for a code is available.
- It provides free hosting for user products and supplies statistics for downloads.
Launchpad offers issues tracking, free project hosting, and translations for open-source or free applications.
- It works only with online websites.
- A paid subscription for commercial applications is available.
- The service may be a better alternative for SourceForge as it lets you add commercial projects by means of a paid upgrade.
- It lets users create projects, teams of members for every project, track the same bug across multiple projects, etc.
- Its tools can help translate your project into different languages.
- This platform provides the benefits of developing new relations or changing experience with some other developers.
- Every project is equipped with a mailing list so that all team members may be easily notified about new problems and tasks.
With a choice of bug tracking systems like this, you can always be sure you are using the best facility designed exactly for manual or automated testing.
Check out our related articles:
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail
- IT Blog
- IT News
- IT News & Trends
- IT Outsourcing
- Java Development
- Media & Entertainment
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Product engineering
- Project & Resources planning
- QArea inside
- Software Testing
- Start-up Development
- Technology & Innovation
- Travel & Hospitality
- Useful Tips
- Web Design