There has been much talk about the importance of user experience lately. User opinion is seen as the most valuable factor in designing sites and writing content, but user demands are not always clear, especially if your project is a startup.
Gathered from the experience of UX professionals, the following tips are aimed at helping startups improve their UX.
- Caring for the lovely site appearance, many startups forget about the setting a goal for their users that would compose a new business lead. In order to develop the new lead, create a compelling reason for users to sign up, provide a persuasive call to action and straightforwardly tell the users which steps they should take.
- In order to help users along the site and never let them be lost, develop a consistent navigation across your product.
- Pay a special attention to the fonts used on your site. They should be large enough to read, of consistent color, web-safe, without massive caps, simple and pleasant for an eye.
- There is a concept called Fogg’s Behavior Model which tells that to make a user do what you want, you should accomplish 3 necessary conditions: motivation, ability and a trigger to perform the action at the right moment. Apply this model to your site or application to get better conversion.
- Users appreciate it very much when allowed to make purchases or leave comments on your platform as guests. It is especially the case with mobile users who don’t like to fill in sign up forms as it takes much time at small screens.
- Gamification is a popular and efficient UX/UI technique today. Virtual points, badges and other activities provide a sense of achievement and competition enabling the increase in user number and on-site time significantly.
- Compatibility of your product with different computers is critical nowadays. Since mobile devices are gaining a great popularity, startups take care that their sites look on a mobile device as well as on a PC or laptop. You should as well test your product on different monitors to ensure it is responsive.
- Don’t think these guidelines are ultimate. User demands are changing all the time and you should explore them regularly to keep your product usability high. That’s why usability testing is also essential.
- To make your product really useful and valuable for users, you need to constantly get feedback from them and put efforts in implementing respective changes. Your ROI will benefit from this too.
These invaluable guidelines are a sure key to your product’s long-lasting UX success.
Check out our related articles:
- .NET Development
- Banking & Finance
- Communities & Social networks
- Custom App Development
- Development process
- Digital Marketing
- Drupal Development
- E-commerce & Retail
- IT Blog
- IT News
- IT Outsourcing
- Java Development
- Media & Entertainment
- Medicine & Healthcare
- Product engineering
- Project & Resources planning
- QArea inside
- Software Testing
- Start-up Development
- Technology & Innovation
- Travel & Hospitality
- Useful Tips
- Web Design
Best Frontend Programming Languages to Create Beautiful and Fast InterfacesRead more
Capability Maturity Model Integration – QArea's big journeyRead more
QArea is a Unique Services Provider in 2019 CEE AwardsRead more
Ultimate Development Trends in 2018 to Reward Your Business in 2019Read more
Why You Should Write Your Next Microservice Using GolangRead more
7 Reasons to Truly Love MicroservicesRead more
The Best Languages for MicroservicesRead more
QArea's Year: Summing Up 2018Read more