Custom Grid Control
This project is designed to create custom controls for a grid that is used as part of an order entry application. In fact, the grid controls feature is a small part of a much larger project.
A short list of features, which we have implemented inside the Grid
- Hide / Show Column Groups. These previously mentioned column groups are pre-defined. The user now can tap on the column group name, which is displayed on the Left Vertical scroll to hide it.
- Category Searching:
- Products are now grouped in a top level category. If the user taps on this category, the products within the category will be triggered and displayed in the results grid. We have developed a drop-down on the right from the top level category; if the drop down is exposed then the second level will be exposed as well, thus the user will have the chance to continue with filtering results.
- The same product is now empowered with the ability to be positioned in multiple categories.
- Product categories can easily go 5 levels deep.
- If categories are not displayed in the database – the grid simply lists all the products.
- Editable and non-editable Cells inside the grid were implemented
- Columns possess editable or non-editable properties.
- If a user taps and holds inside the grid on a non-editable column – no event will be executed.
- If a user taps on any editable cell in a column then the number pad pops up.
- Edited fields will have a different color after they have been edited.
- Re-Order Columns
- There is now a mechanism whereby the user can reorder columns. These settings are, of course, persistent so that on the next entry the order is maintained.
- Column Headers
- If a user Taps and holds on a Column Header – events are being triggered. For example, a fly-out appears and it will allow the user to set a few column properties: columns are locked for permanent display, inside the fly-out the user can “Lock” the column in place, this means that if users scroll right or left these columns will stay in place.
Out of Scope features
- App Bar
- Database design
- Application design
- The grid control is not bound to any database. Thus there is an ability of data selection from any source.
- Column types: String, decimal, numeric, image, object.
- The source code of the Grid control. C# and XAML template as a Visual Studio project.