Development of a website that delivers visitors with offers from world’s leading hotels.
The site presents the currently active and future proposals, photos of hotels, rooms and the surrounding area, includes description of features and attractions, etc.
Orders of customers can be easily specified with additional data that may include such aspects as:
- Type and number of apartments;
- The number of people that will be visiting a hotel;
- Date of arrival;
- Additional options & special offers.
Payment functionality is tailored in a fashion when transactions are possible via numerous systems as PayPal, Click & Buy, Caixa, Banesto.
Particular attention is paid to social and marketing component – we have developed a referral system of discounts and a variety of tools tailored for inviting friends.
- Server side: we have developed the project based on eCommerce Zen-Cart (PHP, MySQL), a fine CMS that was chosen by our client.
- Client side: jQuery, a JS library was used to juice up instructiveness and provide more functionality, whilejQueryValidation was used for data validation. Image galleries and libraries were modified to meet with project scope and business requirements.
- Database: due to high loads (traffic: up to 1.1 million visits per month, 550 thousand registered users) and the large size of the database there significant structure optimization was implemented, that reduces time costs to a minimum.
- Email marketing: Most of the mailing lists are performed via Emailvision company API services. A system of email addresses validation, which eliminates the non-existent addresses using external services and it’s the algorithm itself was implemented to support reputation of existing email accounts.
During development, it became clear that the internal architecture of Zen-cart (which already has been considerably refined and modified by us) will not be able to ensure further growth and support of the new opportunities and demands of the project (primarily - multisite - the ability to have a variety of localized offerings and options (language, price, payment systems, etc.) for different countries, the flexibility and functionality). That’s why it was decided to develop multisite project based on Symfony2, one of world’s best PHP frameworks. Additionally, Doctrine 2, Twig, Sonata Admin Bundle and other technologies were used to ensure cutting-edge results.