- SolutionsFunctional testing, Smoke, Regression testing, Automated testing, Java
- TechnologiesSelenium, Maven, GitLab, Confluence, TestRail, Skype, MS Teams
- Country United States
Our client for this project is a renowned US-based manufacturer of memorabilia for school and college students. This is a company with a 40-year history that recently ventured into the eCommerce industry, so they requested the help of our QA department to perform comprehensive testing of the solution.
QA Team Lead
Manual QA – 1
By the time we joined this project, the client had been working with a team of manual QA engineers for some time. This resulted in over 10,000 test cases, accumulated over several years, being stored in Google Spreadsheets. So this became our first big task on the project — to move the documentation to TestRail for more effective prioritization and maintenance. Other objectives included:
- Validating all 10,000+ test cases to select the most relevant ones
- Analyzing the existing user scenarios
- Choose around 700 test cases for future automation
- Take over smoke and regression testing from the manual QA team
From the very beginning, we focused on developing an effective collaboration between our team and the team of manual QA engineers who worked on the project. We regularly consult with them about test cases, testing conditions, and other aspects of QA. Here is what else we did to meet the project objectives:
- Moved 10,000+ test cases to a single format and storage location
- Imported the cases into TestRail, 500 cases at a time
- Created custom fields in TestRail to prepare detailed reports
- Together with the client, selected 700+ cases that needed to be automated
- Selected and prioritized different types of functionality to be tested in the upcoming sprints
- Perform daily smoke tests and regular regression tests
- Created detailed documentation and manuals using Confluence
- Helped the client adjust the workflow and introduce TestRail milestones for maximum efficiency
- Incorporated our work into the Scrum methodology and delivered the results in two-week sprints
Moreover, we used automated testing to help make the work of the manual QA team more efficient and perform more tests in the same amount of time. We chose Java to automate UI testing because we have successfully used it on similar projects multiple times before.
Our team on this project consisted of:
- One Manual QA
- One to two Automation QAs (on different stages of the project)
- QA Team Lead
Ready to start on your development or testing project? We are!Get in Touch
The work on this project is ongoing: our team joined the project over seven months ago and will continue working for at least another five months. We are continuing to deliver QA according to the plan and are currently discussing the possibility of performing manual and automated testing for the mobile version of the site. We are regularly receiving positive feedback from the client and are hoping for a long-lasting and fruitful relationship.
Conversion of mobile app
Bounce rate decrease
We Help With
Your tech partner needs to be well versed in all kinds of software-related services. As the software development process involves different stages and cycles, the most natural solution is to have them all performed by the same team of experts. That’s exactly what our diverse range of services is for.
The choice of technology for your software project is one of the defining factors of its success. Here at QArea, we have hands-on experience with dozens of popular front-end, back-end, and mobile technologies for creating robust software solutions.
In-depth familiarity and practical experience with key technologies are one of the cornerstones of successful software development and QA. But it also takes specific knowledge of the industry to develop a solution that meets the expectations of the stakeholders and propels its owner to success.
Reach out to an even wider audience with a custom, widely accessible web app.
Ensure an effective online presence for your business with a corporate site.
Take the first step on the way to a successful business with an MVP.
Meet your business goals with a powerful, custom SaaS solution.
Make sure the quality of your solution meets your expectations.
Beat the competition with a modern, breathtaking & user-friendly design.
Create stunning, highly functional, and easily scalable front-end solutions.
Build flexible, good-looking front-end solutions for any scale and purpose.
Construct a powerful, stable, and secure back-end solution for your business.
Take advantage of the .NET flexibility and scalability for your back-end solution.
Turn your mobile app idea into reality with a custom React Native solution.
Build a highly personalizable blog, eCommerce shop, or corporate website.
Optimize your HR processes with a functional and powerful solution.
Pave the way to future success with our startup development expertise.
Build a healthcare product designed for dependability and rapid growth.
Give your buyers what they want — a seamless shopping experience.
Create a product with rich functionality and impeccable security.
Planning the budget for your project? Spend 5 minutes to get an estimate!
Choose a project-based estimate or quickly calculate how much it would cost to hire a dedicated team.