- SolutionsTesting (Web, Mobile, Windows, iOS)
- Technologies TestRail, Jira, Android Studio, LogCat, Putty (for obtaining logs from the devices)
- Country United Kingdom
As they planned to expand their business globally, a European mobile banking service provider approached QArea with a request to test the quality of their hardware and software systems.
Our main task was to conduct a thorough check of their hardware terminal. Specifically, its connection to the mobile application. The mobile POS system was intended to be used by millions of businesses across Europe, so our job was to make sure that the systems are robust and configuration reliable.
It was also necessary to ensure that every step of receiving a payment through the mobile POS system is intuitive — from connecting the hardware to confirming a transaction.
Testing & QA – 2
Based on the size of the project and thorough analysis of the client’s requirements, it was agreed that we assign 1 Senior QA Engineer to the project. As a dedicated resource, they were to be integrated into the client’s team and collaborate closely with their in-house tech specialists.
Responsibilities of our Senior QA Engineer included:
- Setting up the QA process on the project from scratch
- Performing all the necessary QA activities on a daily basis
- Regular communication with the client’s tech team as well as participation in their meetings and standups
- Providing proactive recommendations on how to improve the client’s onboarding documentation for end-users
Project-specific QA activities included:
- Testing firmware updates, firmware OTA update, firmware + SDK compatibility testing
- Testing SDK (logs)
QA Activities Performed:
- Manual Testing
- Functional testing
- Compatibility testing / cross-platform testing (totally 12 mobile devices, including iOS and Android phones, iPad mini, and iPad Pro)
- Exploratory testing
- Ad-hoc testing
- UI/UX testing
- Smoke testing
- Regression Testing
- Preparing Documentation: test Plan, test cases, test scenarios, traceability matrices, bug reports
Ready to start on your development or testing project? We are!Get in Touch
In the course of our productive cooperation with the client’s in-house team, we ensured stable performance and seamless interconnection between the hardware device and the POS software app. We helped the team identify and eliminate issues that could cause unexpected behavior and hurt the experience for the end user.
Our collaboration continues and we look forward to achieving even greater results!
Conversion of mobile app
Bounce rate decrease
Planning the budget for your project? Spend 5 minutes to get an estimate!
Choose a project-based estimate or quickly calculate how much it would cost to hire a dedicated team.