This site is a portal created for search, purchase, and deployment as well as marketing purposes of goods from Spain (such as designer clothing, accessories, etc.). These goods are sorted by groups in specialized stores. You pretty much have a shopping mall right inside your browser.
The original task was to create a platform that would be allowing users to create their own online shops. In those shops, the user may create and manage and sell new goods. The products’ status and condition, as well as orders from customers, are manageable as well.
The website is based on Drupal 6 and Ubercart. The Sphinx is the pages’ search engine that ensures a massive searching speed-up. It is also capable of decreasing the pressure caused on servers. The newly developed interface grants users with such features:
- The user is capable of creating and designing his store by his bidding in order for the store to match all the goals as well as marketing strategies;
- After the store is created the user is able to place his goods there (publishing, editing and marking them ‘out of stock’). The user can also manage his orders and returns;
- The new platform supports some additional metrics such as invoices;
- The site’s manager is now capable of controlling and operating the goods in the store based on their status. He may keep track of sales/returns of particular shops;
- Shops and goods are automatically indexed by the site’s search system after being published;
- An RSS-feed of registered internet blogs and posts and news that are placed in the site’s blog section has been created to serve marketing purposes.